Frequently Asked Questions
- Does your warranty have a deductible or limit of indemnity?
Our warranty neither has a deductible nor a limit of indemnity.
- If I buy a one-year warranty, can it be extended?
Yes, if the mileage and age of the vehicle are not an issue, the warranty can be extended even without a technical inspection.
- If my vehicle has a valid manufacturer’s warranty and I purchase your warranty, when does it start?
Our warranty starts when the manufacturer’s warranty expires. If you have a manufacturer’s warranty with a mileage limit (for example, 3 years / 100,000 km) and it is about to expire due to the vehicle's mileage, please pay attention to the start date of the warranty you are purchasing from us. It is important that there is no out-of-warranty period between the manufacturer’s warranty and our warranty.
- What should I do if the car manufacturer’s warranty has expired, but I would still like to buy an Extendo Insurance car warranty?
If there is a non-warranty period between the manufacturer’s warranty and our warranty, the car must be taken for a technical inspection at one of our cooperation partners. If no defects are detected, then we can conclude a warranty.
- What happens to the warranty if the ownership of the vehicle changes?
The warranty is linked to the vehicle and goes to the new owner with the vehicle, similar to the manufacturer’s warranty.
- What should I do if my vehicle breaks down in Finland?
Please contact our customer service on 040 095 9880 or Vianor customer service and take the vehicle there. Vianor will contact our customer service and if it is a warranty case, the vehicle will be repaired at our expense. If the vehicle is not allowed to continue driving, please call roadside assistance on +372 6 756 756.
- What should I do if my vehicle breaks down while abroad?
Take the vehicle to the nearest authorized dealership. Ask the dealership to determine the cause for the fault and the cost of fixing it. After that, please contact our customer service on +358 40 095 9880 to arrange the next steps. If the vehicle is not allowed to continue driving, please call roadside assistance on +372 6 756 756.